Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy gypsies


I found this great blog of Italian music called Il Golpe e l'uva and on it I found one of the albums I grew up with, so since all my vinyl is in Italy and I am in Japan, I downloaded it. It was beautifully strange this morning traveling on the Chūō Line while listening to Claudio Lolli on my Ipod.

This album was released in 1976, I was 9 years old. One of my brothers brought it home, and despite of it's sad, melancholic mood, I loved it immediately. So with Fabrizio De Andre, Francesco De Gregori and a few others, Claudio Lolli also contributed to make me the person I am now. The album is very much a singer-songwriter effort, in the strict Italian tradition, however it contains some elements of Jazz-Rock, a sometimes too exuberant Sax and some interesting lyrics (in Italian). Nevertheless, I love it, as it is very much part of my upbringing.
If you're interested you can download it here:

Claudio Lolli: Ho Visto Anche Degli Zingari Felici (EMI, 1976)

Many thanks to the Blog Il golpe e l'uva (A Beethoven e Sinatra preferisco l'insalata) and to the Blogger running it.


No comments: